Friday, June 02, 2006

More Info On SOTA's Gouken

Extra information on Sota's San Diego Comic Convention exclusive Street Fighter Gouken:

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Source: Action-Figure SOTA Forum.

Jerry Macaluso, President/Founder Of SOTA Toys wrote:

It may not seem it but getting this figure done in time for SDCC with everything thats gone on with the old factory is not easy.

We basically had to cast a new Akuma protoype and resculpt many pieces. The time crunch is causing this figure to cost FOUR TIMES what it normally would to make. it should be $60 using our standard margins...lol... so its basically a break even for me. But we get a figure we all want.

Making interchangable pieces requires more de-bugging time than we have to get these on time. It may sound simple but all of you have encountered pieces that are difficult if not impossible to interchange. it would be a nightmare on a schedule this tight.

And this is a 100% new tooling as we have zero access to Akumas tooling.

I do have King Atlas and Green Baron. Two of each. I have two of every Micronaut. One mint and one to open. Sometimes more than two..lol. I believe I have one of the best collections in the world.

If you all remember my rule has always been that all fans will have access to every character.

I always made it clear that not every version of every character will be available to everyone.

Our Gouken has yelling head, fists and Shoryuken. Toy Rockets has normal head, open hands and Hadouken.

Toy Rocket will be selling their Gouken on their site so you will be able to get it there if you cant attend SDCC. That is giving all fans in the USA access to the character. I hope they keep the price at $20 but I cant guarantee anything.

If we have any left of ours after the con we will be doing the same but I doubt we will as we have less of them because....

We have sold a certain amount of the yelling head SOTA version to our European and Japanese distributors so collectors in those countries can get them without having huge shipping fees.

The hands and heads are NOT interchangable ( there was no time to work out the engineering on that with the new factory ) . So just buy the one you like best. I made two versions because it helped us cover the steel tooling not because I was trying to get you to buy both copies.

So if you want a Gouken its available to you. If you are a completist I dunno what to tell you other than being a completist is ALWAYS ridiculously expensive.. yer talking to a guy who had to have both Italian and American versions of Ampzilla and it cost me almost $5k.

- The other exclusive looks to be done on time..its not SF and is really limited..I think 500 pieces... its a Johnny Cash variant

- Gouken WILL be available preview night.

MidniteSuby wrote:
Hey Jerry
When will we get to see the final non-mock up pics of the figure? I also want to see how the Hadoken acessory looks like


-Early June

J

No comments: