Friday, November 25, 2005

SOTA Street Fighter ToyLine Update# 7

Source: Action-Figure SOTA Forum.

Jerry Macaluso, President/Founder Of SOTA Toys wrote:

- Oh a post from industrial.. you know if you spent more time working and less on the message boards you might 'one day' get to work at SOTA ;)

- Street Fighter LE World Warriors boxset.. again thoughts?

- Why doesnt Ryu look like Ryu...sigh.. you should probably ask Will that ;)

- Why did we do 2 versions of Akuma... because we could. It wasnt that difficult and I knew the fans would like it.

- I dont think we have poor distribution on Street Fighter. We're in the same stores everyone else is in. I dont sell to mass market stores like TRU or Walmart.
This is a small company and its not worth the headaches dealing with them. I have no intention of trying to make SOTA some huge toy company. I leave that to NECA and McFarlane and Mezco and SEG.. they want the big $$... As long as Im making a decent living and my employees are taken care of thats all that matters to me. You know SOTA only has 5 employees..compare that to Palisades and Mezco at 15 or so and NECA over 20, etc... you see what I mean. The stress that comes with making Millions of $$$ isnt worth it to me.

- Why are Street Fighters delayed.. everything we were doing has been delayed. I made a bad business decision about a year and a half ago. I made a deal with one factory in china to do ALL of our work in exchange for better pricing. What I learned is if ALL your products are under one roof it gives THEM ( the factory ) too much power and they start making ridiculous demands on you because they know you are stuck without them.

Over the summer I started to move projects to 2 other factories..now we have three and if one is screwing up I can threaten them to move the job to one of the others..this keeps them much more honest and will definately help in us having less delays. Charmed and Johnny Cash both came out pretty close to on time.. guess what.. those were both done at different factories who want to make us happy so we give them more work.. now the original factory seems to have cleaned up its act and is acting ethical again to keep at least SOME of our work with them.

Thats probably way more of the internal workings of the toy biz than anyone ever wanted to know.


Happy Turkey day to those in the USA !

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Best regards from NY! » » »

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! » »