Tuesday, November 22, 2005

SOTA Street Fighter ToyLine Update# 6

Source: Action-Figure SOTA Forum.

Jerry Macaluso, President/founder Of SOTA Toys wrote:

Hey Everyone...
Sorry I havent been around.. been laid up in the hospital. Seems i had some condition that was making it hard to breathe ( no fun ) so they had to cut away a bunch of tissue from the back of my throat and make the holes in my nose larger so I could breathe easier. First 4 days were the most painful of my life but I was on so much pain meds i barely remember it. Just got to go home yesterday and Im feeling a little better so thought I'd check in.


- As for European SF variants..I try not to look at our variants on a per country basis. We offer all variants to all countries to make sure all fans have a chance of getting them. Problem is not all countries take them. Example USA guile.. we did ask some people in Europe but they didnt want them.

- We wont be offering either Ryu/Sagat 2 pack on our site. Both ToyFare and Xtreme have told me they will ship international orders therefore there seems to be no problem with everyone getting a set. yes I know the shipping is a killer but not much i can do about that. Let me explain a problem with shipping international.
The only affordable way to ship outside the usa is the postal service. Problem with them is they dont guarantee anything and their so-called insurance is bogus.. So we have found ourselves many times shipping multiple sets of figures to foriegn customers because they 'claim' they never got them. And truthfully they probably didnt but it was costing us a small fortune. But we have no way of tracking the shipment through the post office.. this is why almost everyone uses a more expensive service. because we can see if the product actually arrived or not.

- Soul Caliber - no hope.. Im not very happy with the way i was treated by Namco.

- SF round 4 is supposed to start shipping middle of january 06. Asia will get them first. Someone brought them from my office today so I could look them over.


- How do we assign online exclusive retailers? Starting with Round 3 we didnt have anyone as exclusive. All the variants were available at all the online retailers. EXCEPT Brown Guile. But that was a mistake. See we had someone working here who shall we say ' had their own outside interests at hand' and made a deal I didnt know about. Thankfully that person is no longer with us and has joined a company that deserves each other. So Round 4 will not have anyone as online exclusive.

- Megaman Jazwares.. I think they do a pretty good job for mass market. I think a higher end version would be cool as well but Im probably not going to do it though Ive been asked.

- CS Charlie and Fallen vega..hmmm..no ones ever asked for them before that I can recall so it doesnt seem a lot of people who want them.

- Accessory packs got put on hold ..just too much to do. I should ask Will if he can sculpt some between SF round 6/Darkstalkers round 2 and everything esle the poor guy is doing

No comments: