Thursday, December 06, 2007

Street Fighter IV Unveiled!!!

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us


Exclusive first ever screenshot and details for Capcom's franchise revival.

By Matt Leone, 12/06/2007

Numbers are supposed to be impressive, right? Well, it's been 10 years, two hardware generations, and about seventeen thousand rumors since the last pure number Street Fighter came around. And today we have the first ever official details on Street Fighter IV.

We don't blame you if your eyes have already skipped down to the screenshot lower on the page (yes, that's from the game engine). Take your time. But we've got some information as well, so the rest of this is probably worth reading when you get a chance.

Though the screenshot doesn't answer this question outright, we can confirm that the game's graphics are polygonal but the gameplay is strictly 2D. There will be new moves, locations, and gameplay features, while the standard six button control scheme remains. Ryu and Ken return along with Chun-Li and Dhalsim, but beyond that the character roster is a mystery. And then there's the issue of what platform(s) the game will end up on, which at this point Capcom is keeping close to its chest (if you search 1UP's database, you'll find listings for arcade, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360 versions, but those are just guesses based on the graphical quality).

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

For the full reveal of the game -- including hands-on impressions, a rundown of the new gameplay system, and loads of details on new features -- look for the January 2008 issue of EGM in stores soon and hitting subscribers any day now. And then after you check the issue out, keep your eye on 1UP's Street Fighter IV hub page for ongoing coverage continuing into January.

Free Image Hosting at allyoucanupload.com

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Smartphone, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://smartphone-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.

Anonymous said...

I wish not agree on it. I over warm-hearted post. Expressly the designation attracted me to review the intact story.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you seeking your information.

Anonymous said...

Brim over I assent to but I contemplate the post should prepare more info then it has.

Anonymous said...

Virtual Memory sure is becoming cheaper and cheaper and cheaper. I wonder when we will eventually hit the ratio of 1c to 1 Gig.

I'm quietly waiting for the day when I will finally be able to afford a 20 TB hard disk, hahaha. But for now I will be satisfied with having a 32 gigabyte Micro SD in my R4i.

(Submitted using FFV2 for R4i Nintendo DS.)

Anonymous said...

[... ] is other useful source of tips on this issue[...]

Anonymous said...

How you find ideas for articles, I am always lack of new ideas for articles. Some tips would be great